Sunday, August 26, 2012

TURN THE OTHER CHEEK OR PUNKOUT????

I have been battling this for years on end. Should A Christian turn the cheek and be a pushover or is it right to stand up for yourself and draw the line?


 There have been several instances over the years of Turning the other Cheek. Some in heroic ways some in less appealing situation. Non the less; a show of giving up ones rights for the wrong of others. As this applies to the Bible can we really be direct when it comes to allowing things to slap us in the face, so to speak? Or is there a such case that we can stand up like Christ did in John 2:13-25  when people were selling in the church? More commonly people deal with less physical ways of turning the other cheek.



The Example of NonViolence
                                                                 

 I preached a sermon at a church. Upon showing up; I asked a couple of musicians to come play for me. After the service; I recieve a call from the hosting Pastor that "my musicians took two musical instrument pieces". I then tried to call the musicians to ask if they had mistakenly grabbed the equipment but I didn't get a response. The hosting Pastor said that he had 4 days to come up with a resolution to the problem. I told him that I would meet with him the next day and pay whatever needs to be paid to rectify the problem. In hopes; that this would bring a resolution to the problem.


Biblical Art of a Slapped Women


Now ofcourse; I wasn't pleased with coming to this conclusion, but I felt obligated to pay money to fix a situation that I had totally nothing to do with.Even not knowing whether or not it was true. The facts show that my musicians were the last to have physical contact with the equipment but who knows? I clearly gave up my rights for the wrong of someone else. In fact; TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK. Is this the right thing to do ALL THE TIME! What if a person chooses not to go this route ARE THEY WRONG? Matthew 5:39 tells about turning the other cheek but the Bible also teaches to be bold in the word; STEALING IS WRONG but.......


 What do you think?....

Will Smith Will Not Turn the Other Cheek


No comments:

Post a Comment